There is a lot of recent press surrounding Active Adult Lifestyle communities in the greater Charlotte area. With over 9,000 homes in development in 55 plus neighborhoods here, it isn’t surprising.
Age targeted or age restricted communities are on the rise all over the nation – and Charlotte is a desirable place to live with a great year round climate, fantastic dining, a growing arts community, and plenty of outdoor recreation opportunities nearby. We have award winning golf courses, two lakes, tennis, the Whitewater Center and hiking trails throughout the area. Additionally, Charlotte is ideally located with both the beach and mountains just a few hours away.
Attractions and Things to Do in the Charlotte Area:
- See a naturalist led program at the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden
- Go on a family walk at the Anne Springs Cl0se Greenway
- Rent a kayak at the McDowell Nature Center
- Rent a boat at Lake Norman
- Go skiing at Lake Wylie
- Visit the NASCAR Hall of Fame
- Play a round of golf on one of the many Award Winning Golf Courses in the Charlotte area
- See a Carolina Panthers game at the Bank of America Stadium
- See an NBA basketball game played by the Charlotte Hornets at Time Warner Cable Arena
- Watch a Charlotte Knights Baseball Game at the BB&T Ballpark
- Go to a NASCAR race at the Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Watch the Wells Fargo Championship Golf Tournament
- Gather some friends for the Queen’s Cup Steeplechase
- Take a hike at Kings Mountain State Park.
- See a play at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center.
- Walk through art galleries and listen to music at a Friday night NODA Crawl in North Davidson.
- Dine at some of the regions best restaurants.
- Take the grandkids to Discovery Place Museum.
- Visit the Mint Museum, Bechtler Museum of Modern Art or the Museum of the New South in uptown Charlotte.
- Tour the grounds or take a horseback ride at Latta Plantation.
- Join a group of ladies for high tea at the Ballatyne Resort and Spa.
- Go for a weekend beach getaway in Charleston, SC.
- Take a day trip and ski at Beech Mountain Ski Resort.
- Take a scenic drive to the NC Mountains and visit Grandfather Mountain State Park.
And much, much more….
The Pogue Press – Posts about the Local Area